Student Health App
As a student, it's easy to get frustrated, worried or confused when googling health questions. Downloading the FREE Student Health App makes finding safe and reassuring health information quick and easy.
Access over 900 pages of reliable health advice in seconds - all in one place, and even when offline:
- Spot signs of physical and mental illness - including the warning signs and when not to worry
- Treat common health problems safely at home - and prevent potentially dangerous disease and illnesses
- Know when to seek help - and find out in seconds where to get local support
Use the app to reduce your worries, feel more confident about health matters and get the support you need at what can be a challenging time.
The app has been assessed by NHS Digital and is listed on the NHS Apps Library
Benefits for universities
University support services can recommend this FREE app to their students to:
- reduce avoidable pressure on student support services
- improve students' mental and physical health - healthier students will have better results, are less likely to drop-out and have better career opportunities
- reduce serious events such as meningitis or drug-related illness and prevent self-harm and suicide
We can customise the app for individual colleges and universities by providing a branded home page tile and page with links to local support.
Current customers include:
"We recommend that higher education institutions advertise the ESC Student Health App and encourage its use."
(Higher Education Policy Institute Report 'The Invisible problem? Improving students' mental health', pages 9 and 46/47)
"There has never been a more crucial time for students to have access to reliable, safe, relevant health information. Students need to be able to access credible help fast. The Student Health App provides all of this, on a wide range of topics, from mental and sexual health through to emergencies and travel. They shouldn't leave home without it."
(Dr Dominique Thompson, National Student Health Expert)
The app contains over 900 pages with plain-talking reassurance, information and advice on more than 125 topics relevant to students in areas such as:
- Mental health: Learn to tackle stress, depression and anxiety and manage self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- First Aid & Emergencies: Covering everything from unconsciousness to asthma attacks, burns and head injury
- Alcohol & Drugs: Know the score on smoking, alcohol and common drugs - and how to manage a drug overdose
- Love and Relationships: Discover what's to know about healthy relationships, abuse, contraception and sexually transmitted infections
- Healthy Living: How to stay healthy and well at uni - and how to keep active
- Safety: How to be safe on nights out, prevent accidents and avoid online dangers
- NHS: How to navigate NHS Services effectively
"slick and professional"
"the appearance of the app is great and I like the tabs in the home page with all the topics"
"very clear and easy to understand"
"very well written and easy to use"
"I would recommend this to my friends. I think everyone should have access to quick medical info and this app helps with that!"
(from student user feedback)
Safety and security
The app has been developed in line with robust editorial standards and procedures and is regularly updated.
The app has also been independently reviewed and approved:
- certified by the NHS England Information Standard
- assessed by NHS Digital and listed on the NHS Apps Library
- reviewed by the Organisation for the Review of Care and Health Applications