Our aim as a company is to support people in looking after their health by transforming the way we provide health information.
We want people to better understand and use health information, so they can make well-informed decisions.
What we do
We're creating a new family of FREE mobile apps for university and NHS services that allow people to access reliable health information easily in one single place - even when offline.
What's more, we can develop 'own-brand' apps for NHS and other organisations. ⇒ learn more
Key business details
Expert Self Care Ltd is a private limited company based in Bristol, UK, owned solely by its Founder and Director, Dr Knut Schroeder. Company number: 8306708.
While we aim to provide our apps free at the point of use, we generate income by:
- charging a licence fee for organisations (universities and NHS) wanting to customise our apps
- developing 'own-brand' (white-label) apps for organisations
We do not have any outside sponsors or investors and are fully independent. We don't have any competing interests to declare.
Key milestones in our story:
- 2010: Publication of 'Diagnosing Your Health Symptoms For Dummies'
- 2012: Started work on the 'Student Health App' and founded Expert Self Care
- 2016: Launch of the 'Student Health App'
- 2017: Launch of the 'distrACT' app
- 2018: Launch of the 'Just One Norfolk Health Passport'
- 2018: Student Health App listed on the NHS Apps Library
- 2019: 'distrACT' app gets listed on the NHS Apps Library
- 2019: Collaboration with UWE Bristol and the University of Lincoln to work on a new app for international students
Working in partnership
To make sure that your health information apps are relevant and reliable, we always involve users (that is, people with lived experience), health professionals with 'on-the-ground' experience and topic experts (such as researchers) in the development of our apps.
We also enjoy working in partnership with like-minded organisations, such as charities and other trusted organisations. ⇒ learn more
Meet our team ⇒ click here