We're here to improve people's health and wellbeing by making relevant, reliable and reassuring health information easily available through mobile apps.
Why do we do what we do?
Research has shown that providing quality information is essential for:
- enabling people to better manage their health and wellbeing
- allowing people to make fully informed decisions about their treatment and care, and
- increasing patient and public engagement
While useful health information is available online, much of it is inaccurate, difficult to find - and sometimes even dangerous. We want to help by making quality health information more easily available.
How do we want to make a difference?
We want to transform the way we provide health information by creating a new family of apps to:
- make reliable health information easily in one single place - even when offline
- offer educational and healthcare providers customised pages with details about local support
- develop own-brand apps for third parties that provide great value for money
What do we offer?
We develop apps tailored for groups of people that share specific health information needs, such as young people, students and people who self-harm.
Our currently available apps are:
- Student Health App
- distrACT (self-harm support)
- Just One Norfolk Health Passport (commissioned by the NHS)
What's our business structure?
Expert Self Care Ltd is a private limited company based in Bristol, UK, owned solely by its Founder and Director, Dr Knut Schroeder. Company number: 8306708. VAT Registration number: 318 8466 71.
How do we generate revenue?
While our apps are free at the point of use, we generate income through:
- licence fees for organisations (universities and NHS) wanting to customise our apps
- developing 'own-brand' (white-label) apps for third party organisations such as the NHS or private providers
We do not have any outside sponsors or investors and are fully independent. We don't have any competing interests to declare.