If anything is unclear or you have any questions, please contact us.
Who will control my personal information?
Any personal data or sensitive personal data provided to or gathered by expertselfcare.com will be processed and controlled by Expert Self Care Ltd (Company No. 8306708). Our registered office address is 2 Cossins Road, Redland, Bristol, BS6 7LY.
References to Expert Self Care in this policy are to the data controller acting under that trading name.
Why collect information about you?
We will only collect personal information for the following reasons:
- Business: We need information, such as your email or address, to identify you as a client we work with, so that we can correspond with you as part of our usual business activities.
- Engagement: We may hold your information such as your email address if you get in touch with us as a service user or user of our products to provide feedback or ask questions.
- App usage: We collect anonymous data about how people use our website or apps. We use this data to better understand, for example, which topics or pages users access the most. This helps us evaluate the effectiveness of the content, plan new features, and measure the number of users certain topic attract. This data is not linked to your identity, and we will not collect any personal data.
- Website: We collect anonymous usage data on our website to learn more about how you interact with our site. This helps us better understand your needs so we can provide you with the best possible experience.
- Tracking codes: Some links to external websites of our partner organisations (such as colleges, universities and charities) may contain anonymous tracking codes ("UTM codes"). These codes enable the website owners to track where their website traffic comes from. This data is entirely anonymous and not linked to your identity. Its only purpose is to measure the overall traffic generated by the app to help evaluate, for example, the effectiveness of awareness campaigns.
What about surveys and questionnaires?
As part of gathering routine feedback or doing market research, we conduct anonymous surveys. We won't collect any details the identify you as a person but may ask for things like your age and sex to help us make sense of the information we collect.
We may use platforms such as:
- Google Forms®: Google Forms is a survey administration software included as part of the free, web-based Google Docs Editors suite offered by Google. The app allows us to create and edit surveys online.
- MailChimp® (www.mailchimp.com) is an online marketing platform for small businesses and one of our processors. Processing activities performed by Mailchimp include collecting (e.g., via sign-up forms) and storing of your email address within our MailChimp account to allow us to create and use distribution lists and send marketing email campaigns, and transferring personal data to certain of MailChimp’s sub-processors who, as described in MailChimp's Data Processing Agreement, perform some critical services, such as helping MailChimp prevent abuse and providing support to their customers.
What personal information about site users and customers does expertselfcare.com gather?
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site expertselfcare.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe for our free email updates, participate in our blog discussion or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information: Including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit: Including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How will this information be used?
We will not sell, share, transfer or rent the information collected on this site other than as disclosed in this statement. We will use such information for:
- Service: Sending you information about services or technical information by any means, including by email
- Content: Keeping you informed of new content on the site by way of email alert, or to follow up on the interest you have shown
This information may also be used to improve the service provided via our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website, and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
How secure is information about you?
We will at all times comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, including ensuring that there are appropriate technological and operational procedures in place to protect your and other users' information. When you submit personal data via the website or through our apps (for example by giving feedback), this is protected both online and offline.
All of your and other users' information, not just personal data, has restricted access. Everyone whom we employ must use password-protected log-in screens to gain entry to restricted information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. When new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure your information is protected. You may at any time request a copy of the data we hold on you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by written notice to us. We'll charge a fee of £10 for this.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Our site and mobile apps may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information that we collect on this website and through voluntary anonymous surveys conducted from within our apps.
If you have any concerns about your privacy, what should you do?
What about log files and cookies?
We use internet protocol (IP) addresses to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Please note: You may opt-out of receiving information from us by email at any time by sending an email to the address at email@example.com, or by written notice to us.
Changing or removal of information
Please contact us if you would like us to change or remove the information we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 0117 9243965 or getting in touch via our contact form.
Your right to be forgotten
If we no longer have a legal basis to process your personal information or if the legal basis that we are relying on is consent and you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will stop processing your personal data.
To the extent that you no longer wish to be contacted by us, we will need to maintain a record of that to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future.
You retain the right to request us to refrain from processing your personal information for the purposes of marketing. To exercise such right, you may reply to any information we send you, detailing your request that we refrain from sending any further marketing correspondence, by clicking the unsubscribe link on marketing correspondence received, or you can exercise this same right by contacting us electronically by emailing email@example.com.
Date of last update: 17 Mar 2021.