We make reliable health information easily accessible through mobile apps
Googling health information can be frustrating, time-consuming - and potentially dangerous. Now people can find reassuring health advice and details about local support instantly - in one single place, even when offline.
We're developing a family of apps for groups of people (such as students or people who self-harm) to enable them to:
- make well-informed and assured decisions about their health
- manage certain health issues safely themselves ('self-care'), and
- find available local support services easily
We're led by a practising UK GP and certified by the NHS England Information Standard as a producer of reliable health information. We co-develop our apps together with selected teams of people with lived experience, UK health professionals and topic experts.
Universities and the NHS can have their own customised pages on our apps to make it easy for people to get the support they need. For organisations that want to create their own health information app(s), we build cost-effective white-label ('own-brand') versions using our well-tested and robust app framework.
Our current apps include:
- Student Health App - useful health info for students ⇒ learn more
- distrACT app - practical self-harm advice and support for young people ⇒ learn more
- Just One Norfolk Health Passport - 'must-know' health info for young people age 16-19 in Norfolk (commissioned by Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust) ⇒ learn more
"I would recommend this to my friends. I think everyone should have access to quick medical info and this app helps with that!"
(user feedback 'Student Health App')