Clear, relevant and reliable health information on the go
When we're ill or have questions about our health, we all need easy and instant access to clear, reliable and useful health information that helps us decide what to do next.
While (almost) everything we need to know is freely available online, googling can be time-consuming, frustrating and confusing.
And landing on unreliable websites or forums can make us worry unnecessarily - and can be dangerous.
That's why we create FREE smartphone apps that provide reliable health information for different groups of people in one single place:
- reassure yourself and finding out what's normal and what isn't
- learn to spot the warning signs and know when to see your doctor - we want you to be more confident about what to do next
- find the best links to useful other resources such if you want to find out more - we've done the legwork for you and only point you to sites you can trust
So you can feel safe, all our apps are written by NHS health professionals together with topic experts and involving users throughout. What's more, we use a rigorous editorial process in writing our information and are certified by the NHS England Information Standard as a producer of health information that's clear, accurate, evidence-based, up-to-date and easy to use.
Find out more about our currently available apps (more are in the pipeline):
- 'Student Health App' (FREE) - over 125 topics and 900 pages packed with useful health information
- 'distrACT' app (FREE) - information and support for students who self-harm and may feel suicidal