International Student App (UK)
Starting university can challenging for international and EU students coming to the UK. Common issues such as culture shock, loneliness and academic pressures can make it hard for students to settle in and realise their full potential.
The entirely free International Student App (UK) provides international students with reliable information, practical tips and links to support so they can have the best possible experience at uni.
Developed in partnership with student support teams and international students from the University of the West of England and the University of Lincoln, the app enables international students to:
- find out how to prepare for study in the UK
- discover how to make the most of the first few weeks
- know where to get support when you need it
- get advice on housing, money and transport
- learn about how to study and get the best possible marks in your exams
- become more resourceful in dealing with things like culture shock and feeling homesick
- get top tips on making new friends at university
- get insights into working in the UK - both during your studies and after graduation
- find out about life in the UK and local customs
- know how to navigate the UK health system and stay safe when going out
The app has been through a professional and robust production process and carries the Patient Information Forum 'PIF Tick' quality mark.
Adding university home pages
As a university or college, apply to have your own home page added to the app to:
- provide links to local support so students know about your services
- enable your teaching and support team to signpost resources to students who are struggling
- help students navigate the health service
- make students feel good about your institution
- show students (and their parents) that you take your duty of care seriously