NHS, third sector and other providers - want to improve people's health knowledge and signpost local support more effectively?
Now you can create quality own-brand apps with us to easily provide health information and make people aware of available services.
We can help you create trusted apps that:
- Enable your communities to make informed choices about their health
- Encourage better self care
- Help users choose services wisely to they can get the support they need
Use apps to provide your communities with a better user experience over websites and printed resources. Reach out to more people and be more digitally inclusive.
What are the benefits?
Your own-brand app will allow you to:
- enable your communities to access reliable health advice in seconds - even when offline
- make links to local support instantly available - in one place
- update your content anytime so that info and links will always up-to-date
- evaluate usage through analytics
- reach people in remote areas better and those low on data
Local customised pages are particularly useful for people who struggle to find reliable information online or don't have easy access to printed materials (e.g. patient information leaflets).
Get creative and easily design your app
Work with us to create your own-brand app - using personalised style, text, images, videos and hyperlinks.
Check out examples of apps we've developed for the NHS and a national Irish student organisation:
- Just One Norfolk Health Passport - created for Iceni Healthcare on behalf of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
- Student Health Matters - developed on behalf of the Irish Student Health Association
Gain insights into how your page is doing
Measure user engagement, reach of your information, and effectiveness of awareness campaigns:
- Access and evaluate aggregate data - make use of anonymous analytics on metrics such as downloading figures and app usage
- Measure traffic - track visits to your website from your page on the app (click here to learn more about UTM tracking)
- Monitor trends - evaluate the use of your page over time
Make use of our expertise
Build high-quality health information apps with us and let us take the weight off your shoulders. We can offer you a one-stop-shop with broad expertise:
- Medical - access our in-house medical expertise and networks of medical experts
- Health information - we can adapt your existing content or create new quality health information for you
- App development - make use of our existing app frameworks and let us manage the project for you
You can leave it to us to maintain your app after launch - without the hassle.
If suitable, we can also submit your app for inclusion on the NHS Apps Library to make it visible to large audiences.
Get a quality product
Feel reassured and benefit from our focus on quality:
- Certified by the NHS Information Standard
- Winner of the British Medical Association 'Patient Information Award 2019' for wellbeing
- 'Highly commended' for the 2018 National Healthwatch England #NHS70 Award
- Listed on the NHS Apps Library
What our customers say
"a pleasure to work with", "delivered to time and on budget", "worked flexibly and professionally in response to the changing needs of the project", "emphasis on quality and accuracy of content was demonstrated at every stage", "regular verbal and written progress reviews in addition to caring and supportive suggestions", "accurate and quality app"
Susie Smith, Project Lead 'Just One Norfolk Health Passport' app
"I highly recommend the services of Expert Self Care Ltd", "delivered in record time a 'top class' app", "working on the 'Student Health Matters' app with Dr Knut Schroeder and the Expert Self Care Ltd team was a wonderful experience", "efficient, professional and highly organised, Expert Self Care's level of commitment, and attention to detail throughout the process was exceptional", "the app is a tremendous resource"
Theresa Lowry Lehnen, Project Lead and Lead Author 'Student Health Matters' app, Irish Student Health Association
How much does an own-brand app cost?
The cost for creating your new app will depend on various factors, such as:
- Specifications - do you wish to use our standard app framework or add new features?
- Content - will you provide your own content, or do you want us to create new health content from scratch?
- Revenue opportunities - the potential for future earnings (such as licenses for local customised pages) could reduce upfront costs
- Operating system - do you want an iPhone app, Android, or both?
- Maintenance - your app will need 'looking after' and regular maintenance and updates, which have to be factored in
To give you a cost estimate or quote, let's talk about your needs and requirements first. We won't compromise on quality and aim to provide the best value for money.
Get in touch
For further information or an informal chat to discuss your needs and how we might be able to support you, please email Knut Schroeder (Director, Expert Self Care) today - [email protected].