Coronavirus Support App (UK)
The Coronavirus Support App (UK) is a FREE one-stop guide to help people cope during the coronavirus crisis.
The COVID-19 epidemic has brought many challenges. If you, for example, are in an 'at-risk' group because of a long-term health issue, have mental health problems or struggle financially, life during the pandemic can be especially tough.
At times when we're struggling and need support, finding reliable advice and knowing where to get help can be difficult.
How does this app help?
The Coronavirus Support App enables you to access trusted health information and practical advice on a wide range of topics in seconds - even when offline:
- avoid misinformation - open the app and discover clear health and wellbeing information you trust, all in one place
- learn to self-care - get answers to common health questions and gain the confidence to tackle everyday challenges
- know where to get help - easily find useful links to official NHS advice, current government guidance, helplines and charities
What can I find on the app?
Open the app and become more confident in managing the particular challenges brought to us by the coronavirus crisis:
- Assess COVID-19 symptoms - discover how to stay well, recognise the symptoms of coronavirus (including the warning signs) and know what to do next
- Manage in a crisis - know where and how to seek help if you're experiencing domestic abuse or are in a crisis situation
- Stay safe - learn how to stay safe if you're in an 'at-risk' group (for example, if you have diabetes, are pregnant, or have reduced immunity)
Does the app have local information?
The app enables local NHS areas to add local customised pages to the app to help people find links to local support more easily - free of charge.
Currently, the app contains information for the Bristol area only, and we hope to expand to other areas soon.
Get in touch
For further information email Dr Knut Schroeder (App Production Lead) at email@example.com.