Customising Apps: FAQ
What is app customisation?
App customisation means adding your own local information to some of our free-to-use apps. With a local customised page, you can make it easy for people to find out about local support - in one instantly accessible and convenient place.
Local customisation gives you:
- your own information and signposting page - you can provide curated info and links about sources of support, add images and video, and easily make changes
- a personalised home page linking to your content page - display your logo or another image on the app's home page, offer a 'local' feel, and stand out as a provider
- access to page and app analytics - get insights into how many people access your page, and which areas of the app(s) they visit (find more details below)
Customised pages can be particularly useful when local services, helplines and charities are hard to find - or when the choice of services overwhelms people.
Who is it for?
Customisation is for education, health and care providers, such as:
- universities and colleges
- NHS organisations
- collaborative care providers and partnerships
- local authorities
How much does it cost?
The cost for subscribing to a local customised page is £340 per month (plus VAT, billed annually or by monthly direct debit).
We can offer special rates for:
- bulk subscriptions - when you create different local pages on a single app for multiple areas within your wider region
- 'multi buy' subscriptions - when you add the same (or largely similar) local page to more than one app
The minimum initial subscription period is 6 months, and we don't charge a separate set-up fee. You can cancel anytime.
Why have a customised page?
With a customised page, you can:
- offer instant access to guidance on where to get help in a crisis, and where to get support while waiting for care - even when offline
- throw a lifeline to those who feel left out or frustrated by a lack of support, whether this is real or perceived
- reduce avoidable pressure on services by enabling people to choose services wisely
App customisation allows you to reassure your communities that help is available and show you care.
Are there other benefits?
Yes. By subscribing to a local customised page you can also:
- learn about what information people need - get insights into which areas of the app(s) users from your area visit (through anonymised aggregate data)
- get usage data - know how often people from your area use the app
- measure traffic to your site(s) from within the app - find out when app users click through to your own website(s), using anonymous tracking codes
- influence app content - work with us to include new app content based on your and your communities' needs
- join a group of committed providers - become part of a growing network of organisations offering additional digital support, gain new insights into digital information provision, and be first in line for new resources and offers
What does a customised home page look like?
Here are examples of university and local area home pages. The 'branded' top tile links to the local customised page. All other content on an app is generic, and the same for every user.
What does a local content page look like?
Here are examples of local content pages from different apps, which are accessible with a single 'tap' directly from the home page. The pages are scrollable and, like a webpage, can contain unlimited content.
How can users set the app to a local page?
When opening the app for the first time, a 'picker' screen appears. When users choose their institution or local area from the list, the home screen reconfigures to the local setting.
All other users can select 'not listed' to use the generic version of an app.
Which apps can be customised?
We offer customised pages for most of our apps, including:
- CONfidence (bladder & bowel continence)
- distrACT (self-harm support)
- Eating Disorder Support App
- International Student App (UK)
- Student Health App
- Student Health Matters App (Ireland)
- Young Carers Support App
How can we set up a customised page?
Setting up a customised page takes 3 simple steps - and we'll guide you all the way:
- We have an initial chat - you tell us about what you want your page to cover, and ask any questions (this usually takes no longer than 10-15 mins)
- You send us text and images - you email us the images, text and links you'd like us to include (we'll be happy to make suggestions)
- We create your page together - we then draft a page that we review and revise together until it feels right (we'll use a shared online document to make it easy)
Once you've signed off on your new page, we'll do the rest. Your page will then go live, usually within a week or two (depending on demand).
If you've forgotten to include, say, info about a particular service, you don't have to worry. You can edit and update your content at any time, as often as you like.
For full terms and conditions, please contact us.
Are customised pages limited?
Yes. We currently only offer a limited number of customised pages on each app, so we can continue to provide a personal service and maintain quality.
If demand exceeds availability, we may need to put you on a waiting list.
At times, we might also give preference to organisations that can demonstrate a particular need for customised pages, such as recent suicide(s) within their communities, or acute crises in care provision.
I'm interested - what next?
To register your interest, check availability, and discuss your requirements, please get in touch.
Where can I find out more?
Find out more about: